Today was one of those days for me. In fact, it still is.
Today was a FAT DAY.
According to latest stats, 89% of women who were questioned weren't happy with the way their body looks and have dieted to try and achieve a body they're more happy with.
This is reflected in the male population at 43% of men being dissatisfied with their bodies.
Now, fairly obviously we're dealing with stats here so we can assume there is some twisting of information & some plain misinformation but I think we're fairly safe to say that a lot of people simply aren't happy with the way they look.
For me, this changes on when you ask me. Today for example...
A fat day. How many of you are out there experiencing the same thing?
The feeling that whatever you're doing to lose the extra weight isn't working. That you look atrocious. That you resemble a whale.
But what is a fat day? For me, a fat day is where I imagine my stomach is the size of a beach ball and has the consistency of custard.
What I've come to ask myself today though is what does my "fat day" actually achieve?
What am I ACTUALLY feeling? Because as we discussed just last post, fat isn't actually an emotion to be experienced as a feeling.
We're in these bodies for as long as we're on this planet. Some of us are here longer than others; how much time do we spend hating the body that keeps us here?
So, in honour of saying "screw it" to my "fat" self I'm going to list 10 things that are good about my stomach (my "fat" area).
1. It's strong. I have abs underneath my padding and they have been WORKED by that pole!
2. The skin is soft and unmarked. The cat loves curling up on it!
3. It's always warm. It's where I'm warmest and I can always curl up on myself and get warm.
I'm now starting to struggle...
4. I have a tiny waist - coming in at just 26 inches at the smallest part.
5. Even when I weighed nearly 200Ibs I had definition lines on it. That's coming through to show the REAL muscles underneath!
6. My abs can pull me upside down!
7. My lower abs and hip flexors can work together to do LOADS of sit-ups (when I choose to...)
8. I have fantastic balance that comes (mostly) from having a strong core!
9. I have a pretty belly button piercing.
10. It's shrinking fast. Over the past 4 weeks I have lost 2.5 inches from the widest part of my tummy.
This is my "FAT" tummy and I'm proud of it.
Just looking at it I KNOW how ridiculous I'm being. It's not fat. It's beautiful. It's just a little poofy some times. I'm currently up about 5Ibs in water weight (feel my pain ladies, feel my pain).
If you're with me and having a fat day I'd like you to do the same thing. Leave it in comments if you want to. Give me TEN things you love about your "fat" bit and then take a photo and tell you you love you (what a sentence).
Come with me here ladies and gents. We've got to learn to love the skin we're in, cos we're in here a while.
I've been asking every day on my Facebook page what part of themselves my #fitfam LOVE. So, what do YOU LOVE about YOU today - leave me a comment!?