I never thought I'd see my get-up and go again.
I'll have to add that the three and a half hours of sleep I managed last night didn't really help the issue, it was like the relationship was beyond fixing. Even yoga was only a temporary plaster holding everything together. Nothing could get me in the mood to move.
And then I opened Windows Media Player (WMP). I listlessly scrolled through songs, rejecting a lot of my usual favourites. Alanis Morrisette got skipped past. Coldplay. Maroon 5. AWOLNATION. Disturbed. All flicked through.
You know that feeling - there's something not quite right. Well I had THAT. Feeling. I couldn't quite settle on anything.
Then I decided to try something a little more aggressive and less on my "usual" lists. I tried 50 cent. I decided I was sick of all of the skinny women wearing almost nothing in the video. I went for some Jay-Z and got tired of his assertions that a lady-friend wasn't one of HIS issues. Well. His assertions of not having a lady-friend were one of MY issues at that point in time.
Then I remembered a song from what seems like a million years ago. It always made me feel good. Peaceful. So off I trotted to try and find it. After an internet search involving lots of crumbs I found a video uploaded on YouTube. Allow me to share my piece of peace from this afternoon.
There are loads of studies that support a link between mood and music (e.g. Bruner, Husain etc), not to mention the feeling that you get depending on the type of music you're listening to - so it is a natural step into creating playlists to suit what you're doing!
Anyway, given it's Monday and we could all do with a bit of a boost I decided to compile a list and share it as my Monday Motivation - hopefully one of these songs will get YOU up and going!!
1. AWOLNATION - Sail. Every time. Awesome song :D
2. Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage
3. Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
4. Drowning Pool - Bodies
5. Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger. Or If I Never See Your Face Again. Both good for the purpose xD
1. Jessie J -Do It Like a Dude
2. Lily Allen - Hard Out Here
3. Disturbed - Almost anything by them actually, but Want works well!
4. David Guetta (ft Nicky Minaj/Sia) - Turn Me On/Titanium
5. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - also the Kanye West song of the same name works here xD
1. Pentatonix - Daft Punk
2. Daft Punk - Harder Better Stronger Faster
3. Katy Perry - Dark Horse/This Is How We Do
4. Mika - Relax
5. Bastille - Of the Night
1. Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear (The Reaper)
2. Lady Gaga - Scheisse/Judas/Government Hooker. Ah Gaga just gets me in the mood whatever song :p
3. Pendulum - Track 15
4. Nickleback - Shakin' Hands
5. Godsmack - I Stand Alone