Things You'll Need
| || |
What To Do
Before you start:
- Seperate eggs (carefully!). Put yolks (seperately for ease) into containers. Put egg whites into the mixing bowl
- Whisk the whites until they are stiff. I mean stiff, like a meringue. They should not be watery, or fluid in any way and should be able to stand up on their own - this should take "most" of the preparation time.
- Spoon the whites onto the baking paper into little mounds
- Make a dent in the middle of the mound and slide the yolk into it. It should look something like this...
- Put into the oven to bake for around 10-15 minutes or until the meringue is lightly golden & the yolk is set.
- Garnish with whatever you plan on eating with it and ENJOY!!
This is a variation on a recipe which can also be baked with a slice of bread (I don't because of the gluten/carbs).
You can also play around with the quantities - I added extra whites for the protein factor (2:1 ratio white:yolk), but if you prefer you can use a 1:1 ratio.
Let me know what you think! Any pictures of your own creations are a bonus!
Are there any other recipes/technique tutorials you'd like to see?