It's gluten free, vegetarian (ovo-lacto), sugar free (if you so desire, I don't add sugar, but you can of course!!), low carb, low calorie and a great replacement for bread and rolls.
It's so fast to make, it's worth giving it a try!!
Recipe makes 12 buns
Things You'll Need:
Before you begin:
- Separate eggs carefully – there must be no yolk in the white
- Add the Greek yoghurt to the yolks and mix it together
- Whisk the whites (preferably with an electric whisk) until they are firm and can stand up in little puffs on their own
- Now SLOWLY add the yolk mix to the whites, do this by adding a single spoon at a time and folding the yolk mix into the whites. Use a dry metal spoon to do this.
- Now, using a spoon, separate into little mounds (depending on how big you want them!) pile them onto a baking tray and bake for between 20-25 minutes.
This is what they look like when you do NOT whisk them enough ;)
It was a few batches until I fully realised how much I needed an electric whisk to actually pull the recipe off.
Or follow me on other major social media accounts...